Top 5 ATV anti-theft tips
Story by ATV.com Staff, Nov. 20, 2007
Here’s how to keep hold of your beloved machine
1. Keep your ATV in a locked garage on your property. If you must park outside, make sure the area is well-lit. Thieves look for easy targets and lighting can be a deterrent.
2. Separate the key from the ATV. This simple step prevents ride-away theft.
3. Consider aftermarket options such as a disc lock, which prevents wheels from moving without a key, or an alarm system.
4. Invest in a chain, particularly one that can stand up to bolt cutters. Chain your ATV to a U-bolt or another secure object.
5. Keep the serial number and photos of your vehicle on file. These items help police identify stolen property and assist you should you need to make an insurance claim.
Source: Nationwide Insurance