2010 Arctic Cat Early Release Models

New TRV 700, Prowler 550 trim package among highlights

Story by ATV.com Staff, Photography by Arctic Cat, Jun. 09, 2009

Arctic Cat has unveiled a handful of early release models for 2010. The Minnesota-based manufacturer is mostly showing off some new paint, but the smallest member of the Prowler family has been given a new “XT” package of eye-catching and functional goodies, while the ATV lineup is highlighted by a 700 TRV without the cruiser trim.

Of course, these are only the early release models and if 2009 is any indication we can expect a much bigger splash from Arctic Cat in the coming months. For those with short memories, Arctic Cat went hog wild in 2009 with a veritable cornucopia of new and updated ATV models headlined by the TRV 1000 H2 Cruiser, as well as a brand new 550cc powerplant. In addition, the 2009 Prowler lineup was bolstered by the high-powered 1000 H2 XTZ and the 550 Flat Bed.

New Camo

Arctic Cat has an all-new Advantage Timber Camo pattern in the 700H1 EFI and 550H1 EFI for 2010. According to Arctic Cat, the latest consumer analysis shows that Camo ranks very high in color preference. In fact, just 54 percent buy Camo for hunting, while the other 46 percent choose it because they like how it looks.

2010 700H1 EFI and 550H1 EFI:
• 550 & 700 EFI Engine
• New Body Styling on the 550
• Duramatic Transmission
• Standard Digital Gauge
• New Electric 2WD/4WD/Differential Lock
• Ride-In Suspension
• Black Painted Wheels
• 10” Front and Rear Suspension Travel
• 11” Ground Clearance
• 2” Receiver Hitch
• New Advantage Timber Pattern

Let’s Get Dirty

The 700 MudPro has been a bit hit for Arctic Cat. Simply put, it’s the only way to get all these mud features standard on an ATV with factory warranty. Arctic Cat feels that this niche category has exploded, as the MudPro was its top selling 700 model in 2009.

2010 Arctic Cat 700 MudPro:
• 700 EFI Engine
• Duramatic Transmission
• 4.0 Gearing and Clutching
• Snorkel Air Intake
• New Electric 2WD/4WD/Differential Lock
• Heavy-duty Front and Rear Bumpers
• Standard 3000 lb Winch
• 28x9-14 Maxxis Zilla Tires
• Aluminum Wheels
• 10” Front and Rear Suspension Travel
• 14” Ground Clearance
• Arctic Metallic Green

Double Your Pleasure

Despite the current economic situation, Arctic Cat says the 2-up category continues to grow, out-pacing the ATV industry. For 2010 Arctic Cat has introduced the new TRV 700. It’s basically the same as the TRV 700 Cruiser that was introduced last year, only without the touring box, heated handgrips and windshield. It’s more in line with the popular TRV 550. Both the TRV 700 and TRV 550 are now available with new Metallic Black paint.

2010 Arctic Cat TRV 550 & 700:
• 550 & 700 EFI Engine
• Duramatic Transmission
• Standard Digital Gauge
• New Electric 2WD/4WD/Differential Lock
• Removable Rear Seat
• Optional Rack and Cargo Box
• 10” Front and Rear Suspension Travel
• 11” Ground Clearance
• 2” Receiver Hitch
• Metallic Black Paint

Going Green

Debuted on the Team Arctic Mud Pro 700 in 2009, the Metallic Green paint was a hit with dealers and consumers. So for 2010, Metallic Green will adorn two LE models; the 700H1 EFI and the Thundercat 1000H2 EFI.

2010 Arctic Cat 700 & 1000 Thunder Cat Limited:
• 700 & 1000 EFI Engine
• Duramatic Transmission
• Deluxe Digital/Analog Gauge
• New Electric 2WD/4WD/Differential Lock
• Race-inspired Ride-In Suspension
• Heavy-duty Front and Rear Bumpers
• Standard 3000 lb Winch
• 10” Front and Rear Suspension Travel
• 11” Ground Clearance
• 2” Receiver Hitch
• Arctic Metallic Green

Blue Prowler

The Prowler 700 XTX in Steel Blue returns for 2010. Arctic Cat says this Side x Side is one of its most popular models.

2010 Arctic Cat Prowler 700 XTX:
• 700 EFI Engine
• Duramatic Transmission
• Deluxe Digital/Analog Gauge
• Electric 2WD/4WD/Differential Lock
• Ride-In Suspension
• Black Painted Wheels
• 10” Front and Rear Suspension Travel
• 10” Ground Clearance
• 2” Receiver Hitch
• Tilt Steering
• Rear Turf Saver Differential
• New Advantage Timber Pattern

XT Goodies for Prowler 550

New for 2010 is the Prowler 550 XT. The XT package includes the addition of aluminum wheels, bumper and 600lb cargo box. Available in Red, Green and Lime Green.

2010 Arctic Cat Prowler 550 XT:
• 550 EFI Engine
• Duramatic Transmission
• Standard Digital Gauge
• Electric 2WD/4WD/Differential Lock
• Ride-In Suspension
• Aluminum Wheels
• 10” Front and Rear Suspension Travel
• 10” Ground Clearance
• 2” Receiver Hitch
• Available in Red, Green and Lime Green

Related Reading
2009 Arctic Cat Prowler Lineup Review
2009 Arctic Cat ATV Lineup Review
All Things Arctic Cat on ATV.com

 
Print Friendly Email a friend