Yamaha Approves Seven OHV GRANTs in Fourth Quarter 2011
Since 2008, Yamaha has awarded more than 160 GRANTs (Guaranteeing Responsible Access to our Nation’s Trails ) in 33 states. The OHV Access Initiative requires a Yamaha dealer endorsement for each application, facilitating interaction between dealers and OHV groups as well as encouraging dealer involvement in important projects across the country.
“Yamaha remains committed to the preservation and creation of responsible OHV areas, and we are eager to work with riders, riding groups and land managers to continue uncovering and supporting these opportunities,” says Steve Nessl, Yamaha ATV and SxS marketing manager. “Yamaha is proud of our ability to support the OHV community from a corporate level, but it is our dealer partners who have made this program grow to what it is today. Given the amount of projects we have supported – even in a relatively short time – the OHV Access Initiative has transformed from a promising support program to an established asset and necessary component of our sport’s future.”
Seven GRANTs awarded in the fourth quarter of 2011:
* Northern Wayne Outdoor Recreation Club – Lakewood, Pa.
* Ouachita ATV Club – Mena, Ark.
* City of Earlington – Kentucky
* Keweenaw ATV Club – Upper Peninsula, Mich.
* Rio Grande National Forest, Divide Ranger District – Del Norte, Colo.
* Texas 4-H Youth Development Foundation
* Vermont ATV Sportman’s Association
Yamaha is actively seeking qualified projects at local, state and federal levels. The current OHV Access Initiative GRANT application form and guidelines are available here: www.Yamaha-Motor.com/OHVAccess. The deadline to submit an application for consideration in the first quarter GRANT funding cycle for 2012 is March 31, 2012. The complete quarterly review calendar for 2012 is as follows:
Submission Schedule (Approval Deadline):
* December 1, 2011 – March 31, 2012 (May 4, 2012)
* April 1 – June 30, 2012 (July 31, 2012)
* July 1 – September 29, 2012 (October 31, 2012)
* October 1 – November 30, 2012 (January 11, 2013)