New Ranger SP 570 and RZR 200 EFI among highlights
The 2022 Polaris ATV and UTV lineup has been announced. There is quite a lot to unpack here, but the highlights are the brand new Polaris Ranger SP 570 and a new Youth UTV – the Polaris RZR 200 EFI.
“‘THINK OUTSIDE’ isn’t just a tagline. It’s the lifestyle and mentality of our customers. They’re the ones that inspire and drive the product enhancements and design breakthroughs we develop to elevate their outdoor experiences,” said Steve Menneto, President of Off Road, Polaris. “Whether it’s introducing youth riders to RZR, bringing advanced tech to ATVs, elevating the mid-size utility segment or designing a purpose-built General that takes trail adventure to a higher level, we’re constantly pushing forward with offerings that empower both new and existing riders to do the same.”
Below we will look at what is new from the Polaris Ranger, RZR, General, and Sportsman families.
2022 Polaris Ranger Lineup
As we mentioned above, the brand new mid-size 2022 Polaris Ranger SP 570 highlights the Polaris news for the upcoming model year. This Ranger comes with a larger cargo box with 30% more space, increased ground clearance (11 inches), and more storage and accessory options.
The newest Ranger is available in two-seat and CREW models. Each comes with a 44-horsepower Prostar 570 engine and 1500 pounds of towing capacity. The new Ranger SP 570 also offers an improved turning radius and 56-inch width. There are also more than 40 new accessories, including the Pro Shield cab system, JBL audio, and RIDE COMMAND technology.
Upgrade to the Polaris Ranger SP 570 NorthStar Edition and you get a Pro Shield cab system and heating straight from the factory.
Beyond the Ranger SP 570, there are a number of other changes to the 2022 Polaris Ranger lineup:
- HVAC Upgrades – An updated air conditioning design features a variable compressor that delivers faster cooling and lower temps. Available on XP 1000 NorthStar models.
- All-New Seats – Redesigned seats offer upgraded cushioning and more premium material, while enhanced bolstering keeps riders more securely seated. Available on XP 1000 and XP 1000 NorthStar models.
- 8-ply Pro Armor X-Terrain Tires – The tires offer added durability while retaining premium ride comfort and traction for any terrain. Available on XP 1000 models.
2022 Polaris RZR 200 EFI
The new 2022 Polaris RZR 200 EFI replaces the RZR 170 EFI and offers up some exclusive safety innovations like RIDE CONTROL with speed limited geofencing and Helmet Aware technology – all controlled by the RIDE COMMAND app.
“The RZR 200 EFI delivers kid-friendly performance with safety technology that parents will appreciate,” said Chris Judson, Vice President of Ranger, General and ATV, Polaris. “This is a product that can grow with young riders as they build more skill and confidence, instilling a sense of empowerment and freedom in the next generation of off-road enthusiasts.”
Here are some of the key features of the RZR 200 EFI ($5,899 U.S. MSRP):
- Youth RIDE CONTROL – Allows parents to control speed and set boundaries right from the RIDE COMMAND app, all while helping kids grow into the sport and increase their skill level.
- Helmet Aware Technology – Ability to pre-set the vehicle’s controls when the Helmet Aware beacon is in and/or out of vehicle display range, preventing the vehicle from starting without helmets being worn.
- Speed Limiting – Enables kids to ride at the appropriate speed for their age, experience and terrain. Max speed can easily be set right from the RIDE COMMAND app.
- Geofencing – Helps keep kids in parameters by quickly setting and controlling ride boundaries and speed limits within and outside of the geofenced area.
- Functional Display – Riders can clearly see their speed behind the wheel, while allowing parents to track speed when not in sight.
- Helmets Included – RZR 200 EFI comes with two helmets and one Helmet Aware beacon.
- 180cc EFI Engine – Gives kids the power they need to manage varying terrain without falling behind and eliminates the engine choke for confident cold-starts.
- Improved Off-Road Capability – Front dual A-arms, front and rear independent suspension with seven inches of travel, 24-inch tires and ten inches of ground clearance provide more capability to manage rocks and ruts, keeping the ride smooth and the machine moving.
- Adjustable Seat and Tilt Steering – The driver’s seat slides and the steering wheel tilts to adjust to riders as they grow.
- Standard Hard Doors – Allows kids to have the time of their lives while keeping them in and everything else out.
- LED Headlights and Taillights – Improves rider visibility in low-light conditions to extend the day of riding and makes the vehicle more visible to others on the trail. Also equipped with a high-visibility flag.
- Full-Line of Accessories – Add comfort and increased protection with front and rear bumpers, rock sliders, half and full windshield, roof, rear storage bag and Pro Armor wheels and tires.
2022 Polaris RZR Lineup
As for the adult-sized Polaris RZR lineup, there are new features and color options available for the 2022 model year.
Among these changes, RZR Pro XP models now come equipped with an in-dash charge port “that provides a more streamlined battery service and easier charging capabilities.” The RZR Pro XP Premium and Ultimate models feature new door inserts, while the RZR Trail Premium now comes with Turf Mode to give drivers a tighter turning radius – perfect for dealing with narrow switchbacks.
Also new for 2022, the RZR Pro XP Sport replaces the RZR XP Turbo in the lineup, “offering customers a significant value increase with added power, performance, styling and strength.” This equates to 8% more horsepower and two extra inches of suspension travel.
There are also some accessory upgrades for 2022 RZR models.
“Inspired by the RZR Pro XP Rockford Fosgate LE, now available for the RZR Pro XP is a Rockford Fosgate Stage 5 Audio Upgrade Kit,” Polaris says in a release. “This upgrade kit features a 400W-powered 12-inch subwoofer with full system 100W speakers and delivers two-times the output to take your audio experience to the next level.”
As well, an all-new Pro Armor Crawler AT tire is available, as are two 14-inch wheel options.
2022 Polaris General Lineup
A new General model has been released for the 2022 model year – the Polaris General XP 1000 Trailhead Edition, which is available in two- and four-seat configurations.
“More people are engaging in outdoor recreation, taking to trails and wide-open property across the country,” said Judson. “Some are just getting their first taste of the fun and excitement of outdoor adventure. But for those looking to go further, in search of new destinations and experiences, the General XP 1000 Trailhead Edition is purpose-built to handle longer, more adventurous hauls with riders and all their gear.”
The Trailhead Edition comes with added storage and a host of other extras:
- RIDE COMMAND – Industry-exclusive RIDE COMMAND keeps riders connected and on course. A 7-inch glove-touch infotainment system featuring GPS navigation and waypoints lets riders save specific destinations and follow a guided route so they can find their way, even outside of cell range. Group Ride allows riders to explore separate while keeping track of their pack, while Follow the Leader lets a designated group leader leave a digital track for others to follow on the way to favorite adventure spots. RIDE COMMAND equipped vehicles can also send group texts to one another without requiring cell service.
- Lock & Ride Adventure Bed Rack – Atop the 600-lb dumping cargo box is a gear-ready rack featuring MOLLE sidewalls with easy access points for securely attaching up to 50lbs of gear so that riders can bring exactly what they need for the trip.
- Rockford Fosgate Audio – A Rockford Fosgate® Stage 3 audio system delivers powerful sound with pristine clarity, so riders can enjoy their favorite playlist during every adventure.
- Bumper-Mounted Light Bar – An 11-inch Pro Armor high-output light bar integrated into the front bumper increases visibility in low-light conditions to extend the day of riding.
- Adventure-Inspired Styling – Unique 3-D embossed topography graphics on Matte Blue Slate paint with Matte Orange Rust accents are sure to stand out from the crowd and showcase the spirit of adventure.
Polaris also made changes to the rest of the Polaris General lineup for the new model year. Most models receive a winch upgrade with Auto-Stop, synthetic rope, and forged hook, aluminum fairlead, and rubber isolator. General models with RIDE COMMAND have access to Plow Mode, which automatically lowers and raises a plow when the vehicle shifts from Park to Low or Reverse.
Those same RIDE COMMAND models also receive a new Rockford Fosgate Stage 3 audio setup with a four-channel amp for fade control and automatic volume leveling, as well as a dedicated 400W amp.
2022 Polaris Sportsman Lineup
The 2022 Polaris Sportsman family welcomes a pair of new limited-edition ATVs with RIDE COMMAND technology – the Sportsman 570 and XP 1000 RIDE COMMAND Editions.
“We are continually pushing to deliver the best possible ATV riding experience and bringing RIDE COMMAND technology to Sportsman is just the latest example,” said Judson. “Whether going out alone or in a group, the new Sportsman RIDE COMMAND editions provide riders added confidence and capability to stay connected and explore new trails and destinations.”
The following is standard equipment on the 2022 Polaris Sportsman 570 and XP 1000 RIDE COMMAND Editions:
- RIDE COMMAND – An industry-exclusive 7-inch glove-touch display powered by RIDE COMMAND keeps riders connected and on course. GPS navigation and waypoints let riders save specific destinations and follow a guided route so they can find their way even outside of cell range. Group Ride allows riders to explore separately while keeping track of their pack, while Follow the Leader lets a designated group leader leave a digital track for others to follow on the way to favorite adventure spots. What’s more, RIDE COMMAND equipped vehicles can send group texts to one another without requiring cell service. Plow Mode also comes standard, making plowing easier than ever by automatically lowering and raising a plow when the vehicle shifts from Park to Low or Reverse. Also available as an accessory for 2022 Sportsman models.
- Multi-Select EPS – New for 2022 on all Sportsman models equipped with electronic power steering, riders can now select between three levels of steering assistance based on their riding conditions for added comfort and confidence when navigating property or trails.
- Powerful LED Lighting – Extend the day of riding with LED headlights and an LED pod light that feature simultaneous high-beam capability, providing better visibility in low-light conditions to illuminate the trail when the ride starts early and keeps going into the evening.
- Upgraded Duro Tires – Larger Duro tires (26-inch on 570 and 27-inch on XP 1000) mounted on 14-inch aluminum wheels provide more ground clearance, traction and cornering stability.
- More Clearance, Less Maintenance – Front and rear arched A-arms maximize usable ground clearance under the machine to confidently ride over obstacles along the trail, while sealed suspension bushings are designed to withstand the elements and reduce vehicle maintenance.
- More Protection and Utility – A front bumper provides added protection from the elements, and a Polaris HD 3,500-lb winch with Auto-Stop and synthetic rope comes standard to clear unexpected obstacles from the trail and keep the ride going.
- More Storage for the 570 – An Underseat Bag, standard on the 570 RIDE COMMAND Edition, as well as new accessory options including a Fender Bag, Pod Bag and Rear Rack Extender Bags, provide more places to bring along more gear.
Rhino Rack Storage Solutions
Polaris always has a focus on accessories and for 2022 that means partnering with Rhino Rack on a line of storage solutions like roof racks, bed racks, and other accessories.
“The all-new Rhino-Rack® solutions elevate the versatility and capability Ranger and General are known for,” said Steve Eastman, President of Parts, Garments, & Accessories, Polaris. “This collaboration highlights our drive for innovative product solutions that enhance our customers’ pursuit and enjoyment of the outdoor and adventure lifestyle.”
- Ranger Rear Bed Rack / Roof Racks – The Rear Bed Rack/3-Seat Roof Rack attaches to the roof or bed of Ranger with Rhino-Rack mounts (sold separately), to carry cargo overhead, maximize capacity in the bed of the machine and free up space in the cab. Crew Roof Rack and mount are also available.
- General Lock & Ride Rear Bed Rack – Quickly attaches to the bed of your General so you can adapt your vehicle from workday to weekend, maximizing cargo capacity in the bed and freeing up space in the cab.
- Rhino-Rack Mounts and Accessories – Securely fasten all of the tools and gear needed on the trail for easy access. Accessories include a Spare Tire Holder, Multi-Purpose Tool Holder, Traction Board Mount, Gun Mounting Bracket, Cargo Corner Bracket, and High-Lifting Jack Mount.