One position is in the Utah State Parks and Recreation and the second is in the US Forest Service.
The Utah Department of Natural Resources is seeking an Off-Highway Vehicle Program Manager. The position will be located In Salt Lake City in the Parks and Recreation Division. The incumbent is responsible for developing and managing the off-highway vehicle program for the Utah Division of State Parks and Recreation. Duties include:
- Coordinating the Division’s OHV Education Program, the Division’s OHV Grant Program and the Division’s OHV Trail Development program by supervising staff and their work
- Working with public land managing partners and private interests to develop, maintain, manage and promote summer and winter OHV opportunities statewide
- Evaluating grant proposals and managing contracts; overseeing budgets
- Working collaboratively with internal and external partners to accomplish statutory and program objectives
- Working as part of the Division’s leadership team to direct the work of the agency
Information about this position can be found here.
Click below the jump for information on the second job opening.
The USDA Forest Service, Fishlake National Forest, Beaver Ranger District is seeking a Natural Resource Specialist. Beaver, Utah is located equidistant from Salt Lake City and Las Vegas, Nev. The Paiute Trail is located in the Fishlake National Forest. The position is responsible for management, oversight, and participation in a variety of district programs including but not limited to:
- Developed and Dispersed recreation
- Trails and Travel Management (including roads)
- Special Use Permits (recreation, outfitter-guide, lands, etc.)
- Volunteer Recruitment and Coordination
- Interpretation and Environmental Education
- Facilities, Fleet, and Safety
- NEPA and Interdisciplinary Team participation
- Forest Protection Officer duties
- Administrative duties associated with managing the various programs
- Other duties as assigned
Information about this position is available by contacting Amy Barker at 435-438-2436 or by e-mailing [email protected] You may apply for the position at www.usajobs.opm.gov/