How To Rent an ATV in Ontario
As we slowly come out of hibernation and change gears from spring to summer, it’s time to plan the next big trip or adventure. Here’s how to rent an ATV in Ontario.
Ontario is a mecca of amazing areas featuring a vast trail system, lakes, forest and wildlife all within just a few hours away from home. Whether you want to get away for a day, weekend or longer, you might want to wrap your head around an ATV trip to mix up your summer vacation plans this season.
Renting an ATV doesn’t have to be complicated. It’s important to do your research first and find a reputable company that offers great value, service and equipment to ensure that your adventure goes smoothly. Mukwa Adventures is a family owned and operated ATV tour company located in Northern Ontario that does just that. They offer a unique approach to creating a customized ATV experience by boasting that they are 100% mobile, so they come to you! Partnering with local lodges and utilizing their knowledge of the extensive off-road trail system in Ontario, Mukwa Adventures offers a variety of tours consisting of half day, full day, weekend and customized adventures for whatever you see fit. They provide all safety gear, ATV’s (Can-Am Outlander 450’s), training and of course the guide, so all you need to do is be ready for a fun adventure!
When looking to rent an ATV, it’s important to do these 5 things:
- Research – a simple google search at a minimum is important to see how a company has been rated and what people have had to say about their experiences.
- Check Availability – call the company to confirm the dates you are looking at, and to confirm what equipment is provided (i.e. helmets, boots, etc).
- Location – Decide where you want to ride – are you headed to Manitoulin Island, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury or Algoma? Not every area has a locally based ATV rental company, so give Mukwa Adventures a call as they will come to you!
- Guides – Is a local guide provided or not? If you are unfamiliar with the area, a guide is strongly recommended. Not only will they lead you to safe riding areas, but they know the best trails in the area matched with your skill level. Mukwa Adventures provides two guides on all rides for the best experience possible.
- Plan – Decide what type of ATV trip you want to take. Mukwa Adventures will customize your adventure to you – so whether you are planning a Bachelor/Bachelorette Party, team building workshop or just a family outing, they will help you with planning your trip.
Mukwa Adventures is an indigenous-owned and operated company that encompasses indigenous teachings as well on adventures (i.e. how to tap maple syrup or learning about the origins of the TeePee). The company caters to their guests, and operates year round, so ice fishing on ATVs with tracks is definitely an option if you love winter.
More by Jessica Kline